Thursday, June 10, 2004

Left in Prague

So I'm still in Prague.
It's all very calm.
It's slowly driving me crazy in a way.
I spend the whole day walking around the centre of Prague, which is beautiful and interesting and yet the minute we sit down to have a cup of coffee the conversation naturally at some point turns to Israeli politics. I think, in a way, it soothes me. And I don't think it's just me.

Whilst wandering around Prague, I've encountered several people of arab origin and it seems that when an arab and an Israeli meet in Europe, there's none of the hostility. Some would say it's because the guy was trying to make a sale and didn't care, but I don't think that's all there is to it. I think at some point, we just realize we have more in common with eachother than with europeans.

It's amazing how, still, the first thing I do when I come to the appartment after a long day of hanging out in Prague is check the Israeli news sites.
Really unhealthy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

Just ran into your blog today for the first time. It's truly comforting to know that there are people like you, since we are constantly told otherwise.
The thing about the Middle East is that, contrary to popular belief, there IS a solution to the problem. But the only people who can put it to practice are way too happy having it continue.
I hope someday this will come to an end. Here's hoping. Keep up the fight, we all need to.

June 12, 2004 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger Red Rubin said...

We exist, we just tend to be far too quiet and unnoticed.

Thanks for the comment,
cheers.

June 23, 2004 at 7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home